Our culture is structured to provide an environment for our team to flourish through a collaborative, team-based approach. Our casual work environment fosters focused solitude—or creative collaboration—for our highly innovative staff. The organization is very flat, with a management group that supports and guides rather than controls. We strive to be agile and adaptable to quickly react to the changing market, our competition, and the external environment. At AIS, emphasis is on growth opportunities and entrepreneurship; employees are encouraged to experiment with new ideas. Education, training, and career development are also key values of our organization, allowing growth and opportunities for our employees and the company.
Communication and transparency are important components our culture. Employee feedback is not just considered, but strongly encouraged, whether through informal conversations with our CEO, or through employee surveys. The morale and fulfillment of our team is of prime importance.
Our mission is to stay out in front—years out in front—of the “cutting edge” in cyber technologies, by creating solutions that deliver “devastating capability and revolutionary advantage”. We’re a company of down-to-earth overachievers, technology pioneers making a difference for our customers, our country, and the security of cyberspace.
Our people are the key to creating “devastating capability and revolutionary advantage”. Our company’s competitive advantage depends on sustaining exceptional innovation, performance, and commitment from our employees. At the end of the day, AIS is the totality of our employee team, which produces unimaginable achievements through talent, dedication, creativity, and passion. AIS employees are nationally recognized experts working on “generation next” solution-oriented technologies in a relaxed, employee-focused work environment. Our team provides government and commercial customers with a diverse selection of cyber and information security offerings that include engineering, research, development, assessment services, and products. We perform groundbreaking work, leading efforts in all areas of cyber and information security. When you join our team, you will collaborate with leading experts and an incredible cadre of energetic, visionary thinkers, innovators…and schemers.
Work Hard, Play Hard
We have other unique elements in our culture, allowing our employees time to relax and rethink while at work. Our overall easy-going atmosphere inspires a relaxed dress code for most of our employees. Occasionally, of course, the job dictates a more businesslike dress code for certain areas, presentations, or customers. We also enjoy Friday lunch barbecues with co-workers every summer. Some of our groups host their meetings outside on the picnic tables in the summer sunshine. We have found that just taking in the fresh air can be very relaxing and thought-provoking. Challenging a co-worker to a game of chess in the break room, blowing off a little steam playing ping pong at lunchtime, or an afternoon coffee break at the pool table, are all welcomed here. A number of our employees partake in other sports such as lunchtime volleyball, an annual summer golf outing, tennis, and walking around the technology park in which we are located.
Want to learn more about our culture?
Click here to view the AIS Newsletter.
Our Military Promise
AIS has enormous appreciation and respect for those who serve in our country’s Armed Services. Many of the innovative products and services we provide are to our U.S. service members defending our nation. Military veterans come to post-military workplaces bringing vast experience, field training, and leadership skills. We recognize the commitment, discipline, and strategic and tactical talents that U.S. veterans offer, and set the American Military apart from the rest of the world. AIS is proud to hire qualified military veterans that fulfill our open job requirements. As both a commercial and federal contractor, we can utilize those past military skills, helping military veterans feel comfortable in their new work environment, and help them transition to civilian life more easily.
Paid Military Training
AIS provides up to 80 hours of military service pay per calendar year to our employees serving in the U.S. military and National Guard, to fulfill their service obligation requirements.
AIS supports our employee service members who need to take extended leave to protect our country. Employees can take leave on a paid basis (PTO) or unpaid during those times of need.
We have many veterans that make up our workforce at AIS. See what our veterans think of employment at AIS, and how it has helped them utilize their valuable military skills in the civilian sector.
“AIS fully compensated me during my two weeks of annual training and HR was quick and efficient with any questions I had about the process. Not to mention, the flexible hours allow me to accumulate or make up time for any extra trainings that may occur, making it an easy transition between the two jobs.”
— David Collazo
“As an employee of AIS as well as being an Air National Guard member, it takes a lot of juggling to ensure both of my careers receive the attention they deserve. AIS has gone out of their way for those of who have to juggle both careers and for that I am thankful.
In the past, I always had to ensure I had enough vacation, or worked extra hours to ensure I got the necessary time for the pay period. This was a hassle, and oftentimes left me with little vacation to spend with my family – or just have downtime.
I appreciate the efforts AIS has put forth to support its employees who continue to serve in the military. This policy that is available to us makes a world of difference, and lets us focus on our careers without worrying about time off.”
— David Bauer
“As a Lieutenant Commander in the US Naval Reserve, I have made a commitment to my country to be available whenever the need arises. With AIS I can relax; they understand what it means to serve. AIS supports my drill weekends, ad-hoc recalls, and annual training with paid time off and flexible hours. AIS takes care of me so that I can take care of my sailors. Loyalty isn’t just a word to AIS, it’s an action.”
— LCDR J. R. Sawyer, USNR
Our Pay & Benefits
We embrace technology, strive for perfection, and value our employees, who make it all happen. We strive to be a pay leader, and provide generous compensation packages to members of the AIS team. Along with great salaries, we offer one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry, including:
- Paid Time Off – Four (4) weeks paid time off per year (160 hours). PTO is accrued every pay period starting with your first paycheck. An additional week of PTO is awarded after your fifth year of employment, Five (5) weeks per year (200 hours).
- Paid Holidays (10 total) – We offer ten (10) paid holidays. There are six (6) designated holidays, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day and an additional four (4) floating holidays.
- 401k Retirement Plan** – AIS contributes 7% of your earnings, starting your first day of employment. Company contributions are 100% vested immediately!
- Medical Insurance** – AIS offers a High Deductible Health Plan with premiums 100% paid (minus $1 per year employee contribution) for all coverage levels, including Employee only, Employee+1, or Family.
- HSA/HRA – AIS contributes 80% of your deductible under the plan into either a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
- Life Insurance** – $500,000 Group Term Life Insurance Plan coverage for employee, $10,000 for spouse, and $5,000 for child(ren), all 100% paid by AIS and guaranteed issue.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance** – AIS provides company paid Short Term (Statutory and Supplemental) and Long Term Disability Plans, in the event of an illness or injury, providing an income replacement benefit equaling 70% of base pay.
- Flex Hours – Flexible work hours may be available as an alternative to the traditional working day, with core hours between 10am and 3pm.
- Education Assistance – Educational assistance for Undergraduate & Graduate Programs leading to company-relevant degrees. 100% cost reimbursement (books included), based on appropriate grade achievements and corporate pre-approval.
- Degree Attainment Bonus – Cash bonus payment to reward employees for attaining their college degrees as follows: Associates-$ 500; Bachelors- $ 1,000; Master’s $2,500 and Doctorate – $ 10,000.
**As per plan document guidelines
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Profit sharing
- $500 Professional Expense Reimbursement
- Performance bonus opportunities
- Dental and Vision plans
- Flex Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Many AIS-sponsored events
- Casual working environment
We have locations around the nation, with a great mix of urban and outdoor accessibility, as well as some of the safest family environments anywhere. In addition, the option of working remotely may also be considered in certain situations.
Our offices in Rome, NY; Greenwood Village, CO; Portland, OR; Beavercreek, OH; Linthicum, MD; and Chelmsford, MA all offer a tremendous variety of activities for any interest. From access to major cities to activities of every kind, including outdoor activities, sports and recreation, arts, entertainment and culture, local and international cuisines, and a wide spectrum of urban and rural lifestyle options.
The beauty of our business: you can do the work from almost any of our locations. Have a preference or interest? Let us know when you apply. For additional office locations and contact information, please visit our Contact page.
Our Co-Op/Internship Opportunities
Our Internship and Co-Op programs provide students the ability to have career-related work experiences during college, see how the ideas and skills learned in college are applied in real world situations, and find experience beyond what they can learn in a classroom setting.
AIS has relationships with colleges and universities across the country. We actively collaborate with college faculty and their internship, co-op, and placement programs to identify promising students to bring into our company.
We offer full-time summer co-op positions up to 15 weeks annually during the summer, and additional opportunities throughout the rest of the year. If you’re looking for a co-op internship, visit our careers page to apply.